1st – 5th Grades
Here at Folsom Preparatory School, we have skillfully bridged the real world with the classroom through a challenging and accelerated curriculum in a small classroom environment – no more than 21 students – which allows our programs to be tailored to the unique needs of every student.
The program of instruction includes mastery of fundamental academic skills and a challenging, innovative and accelerated curriculum in:
- Math - emphasis on concrete concepts, quantitative reasoning and problem-solving
- Language Arts – instruction in comprehension skills, writing skills, spelling and grammar and includes grade appropriate research papers and oral presentations
- Accelerated Reader - development for independent reading
- Science - concentration on concept formation, observation accuracy and recording scientific data
- Social Studies – utilization of community resources, respect for ways to meet our country’s challenges and preparation to be responsible citizens
- Critical Thinking skills are integrated into every lesson in all grades. Technology is an integral part of our program with instruction in our state-of-the-art computer lab, our engineering design lab, and embedded throughout the day in all classes.
Folsom Preparatory School also focuses on promoting student responsibility, independent thinking, creativity and respect for one another. Our Character Education program promotes a specific character trait each month, with activities and discussions in class.
Our commitment is to offer a rigorous academic program that will provide the best opportunity to all students to meet their full potential. We invite you to visit Folsom Preparatory School to experience our close-knit community of students, teachers and families.